Casper's Climbing Shop

New products

New products
All new products

There are 2 products.

Showing 1-2 of 2 item(s)

Active filters

Climbing holds | PU | PE | Home wall | climbing | bouldering

Climbing Holds

What the different shapes are called!

Jugs are big, open holds that you can get your whole hand around. Jugs are most people’s favorite because they’re so easy to grip and they provide an excellent rest.

Edges are the most common holds you find. They can be tiny dime edges, long cuts in the wall or huge ledges.

A crimp is a very small edge that’s only big enough for the pads of your fingers.

A pinch is exactly what it sounds like—any piece of rock that you can pinch with your thumb on one side and your fingers on the other.

Slopers are big bulges with no positive angle for your hands to grip.

Pockets are holes in the rock.

An undercling is any hold you grip from the bottom so you can pull up.

What two types of holds exist?

Climbing holds are mainly produced in two different materials polyurethane (PU) and polyester (PE).

PU holds are lighter, strong and impact resistant. PU holds won't chip easily or break when tightened. 

PE holds offer ultimate wear resistance. PE holds also have good UV stability and thus they are ideal for outdoor walls.

How many do you need?

A good rule of thumb is to have approximately 10 holds per square meter of wall, the more the better!

The choices are endless and difficult today so contact our Customer Service or send us a mail to help you choose the right product for your needs. 

Shop online.........more time to climb.

Casper's Supports Your Summit