- Shaft is curved below the head and has a GRIPREST QUARK handrest at the bottom of the shaft to protect the hands on ice climbs - Shaft has a steel spike and is straight enough to be used in piolet-canne mode
- Hydroformed shaft for optimal grip in the middle of the shaft, ideal for snow couloirs
- Overmolded bi-material handle provides a firm grip while insulating against cold - TRIGREST QUARK and GRIPREST QUARK handrests improve grip on difficult sections
- 550 g when using PANNE or MARTEAU
Effective placement on various types of ice:
- The ICE pick has a tapered tip (3.3 mm) and is useful in a variety of terrains, including snow, ice, and mixed terrain.
- Compatible with MASSELOTTES weights for adjusting balance and increasing inertia of the ice axe.
The ALPEN ADAPT system completely modularizes it:
- Adjustable technical aspects of the ice axe thanks to an entirely modular head
- Interchangeable with ICE, PUR'ICE, DRY, and PUR'DRY picks to adapt to different terrain objectives (snow, ice, or mixed)
- The adze and hammer are interchangeable.
- The TRIGREST QUARK handrest can be adjusted in height without the use of tools.
- The GRIPREST QUARK handrest easily folds in for planting the ice axe in snow.
- Compatible with V-LINK elasticated loss-prevention webbing
- Weighs only 465 g without accessories